Tomorrow: FSS Spring Fair

Tomorrow, on April 30th, the Spring Fair will be held for the first time in two years. The fair will last from 12:30 to 3:30. In attendance will be new families for students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten, students currently in those grades with their families, and the junior class who is in charge of organizing and planning the fair. 

The activities for the lower school students include face painting, friendship bracelet making, bowling, life-sized board games, and many more. These activities will be held on the blacktop and in the gym. In order to participate in these activities, families will need to purchase tickets at the fair. 

There will be food provided for all guests including pizza, sandwiches, and water ice.

The Upper School Lab Band will play their set on the roof, which will be transformed into a social space titled Skytop Theater. It will have many different types of outdoor seating for music listening and relaxation.

Music Department Chair Heather Fortune, who is also the teacher of Lab Band, says, “The spring fair will be a really fun community celebration. We haven’t had many opportunities to gather over the last couple of years, and this event will be a great way to connect with each other. For older students, the scene on the roof should be fun, with games, hang space, and a performances by Lab Band. Downstairs will be games for little kids and food as well. It will be a great time!”