Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Spring Break Recommendations

Spring break is approaching, and students have lots of time to fill. The Falcon has recommendations for nicer days and not-so-nice days. We hope you enjoy these ideas from our staff!

Lila:
While outside of Center City, Rose Bridge Farm & Sanctuary is well worth the drive! Home to rescued animals, including goats, kittens, cows, horses, and more, you can do various activities around the farm. Whether interested in learning how to bottle feed baby goats or the less laborious kitten cuddling, there is something for everyone, regardless of age, at Rose Bridge Farm & Sanctuary. Along with various animal activities, the farm also offers multiple workshops, such as making essential oils and crafts. If you are looking to get out of the house and are fond of animals, this farm is for you.

Talia:
If you’re into baking, I recommend making these Coffee Cake Cookies! They take a while, so it’s a good recipe to make during Spring Break. They have a filling, a topping, and an icing. They are absolutely delicious and I’ve gotten lots of compliments on them. Happy baking!

Anna:
Over spring break, I’d recommend going to Longwood Gardens. There are a lot of beautiful sights to see, and it’s also a good place to hang out with friends or set up a picnic. The place is very big, so I’d only recommend going if you don’t mind walking long distances. However, if you’re a fan of gardens, then I’d say it’s worth it.

Ozzy:
When the weather begins to change, I recommend trying out a one-day learn-to-row program at Bachelors Barge Club. Rowing on the Schuylkill River in the early spring is one of the best experiences especially when the cherry blossom trees begin to bloom. Learning a new sport can be very difficult, but the coaches at Bachelors are very helpful and have experience coaching at every level.

Esme:
Now that the weather has finally turned it’s a perfect time to go hiking. I love to go to the Wissahickon, especially at this time of the year, because it’s not too cold and not too hot. I really enjoy hiking the Orange Trail. It can be a little hard at times but it’s a good challenge.

Leah:
Over spring break I suggest you binge-watch a show. If you want to watch something sad, you should watch This is Us. If you’re looking to laugh, you should watch Community or Derry Girls. If you want to watch something feel-good, you should try Ted Lasso. Hopefully, you do other things besides watch TV, but even if you don’t, watching these shows is time well spent.

Sam:
I would recommend a music-listening party with friends. There have been tons of new albums released recently and even more are set to be released in the coming weeks, and spring break is a great opportunity to get to sit down and fully listen to a new album. Personally, I will be listening to the new releases from Hozier, Adrianne Lenker, Ariana Grande, Jacob Collier, and Faye Webster. The best part of a listening party with friends is that it can be done in person or virtually over FaceTime or Zoom.

Carl:
My typical spring break consists of turning my brain off and watching really dumb movies. If anyone needs some really dumb movies, I’d suggest any Godzilla/Monsterverse movies as they’re just good, dumb, illogical, and fun action romps (except for Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla 2014, as those two are quite dark).