Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Want a Fun-Filled Saturday Activity While Supporting The Junior Class? Come to the Spring Fair!

What’s fun, productive, and perfect for FSS students and families of all ages and interests? The Spring Fair! 

The annual Spring Fair is an exciting day of fun for students, families, and those considering attending FSS in the future, with activities such as giant board games and arts and crafts activities, as well as live music performances on the roof. This year, the event will occur on Saturday, April 27, 12:30-3:30 pm. The entire event is planned by the junior Class Officers, and juniors are required to volunteer to run activities. One of the junior Class Officers, Maddie Cohen ‘25, says, “We are doing the Spring Fair in an effort to continue the sense of community at Friends Select and to bring families together.” 

However, the Spring Fair is more than just fun and games: it also supports the junior class. The Juniors and class officers help organize and run the Spring Fair as part of a fundraiser to sponsor Senior activities next year,” says Sophia Le ‘25, another Class Officer. Specifically, funds from the Spring Fair will go towards the Senior Trip for the class of 2025. 

This year’s Spring Fair will include classic activities such as face painting, outdoor games, and crafts like frisbee painting and sand art, as well as food trucks, live music, and–of course–plenty of photo opportunities with the Falcon. Another Class Officer, Olukayode Ekundare ‘25, is particularly excited about the music performances: “In addition to the Lab Band playing on the roof, instead of it being one performance time, there will be continuous performances throughout the fair. We’ll have student musicians and even another adult band that has a set for us.”

The Spring Fair will occur rain or shine.