BREAKING: Friends Select to Offer Vaccinations for Students 16 and Up Starting Monday

Friends Select students ages 16 and older can receive the first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at Centennial Pharmacy between Monday, April 19th and Friday, April 30th, according to an email sent to families by Nurse Kelly Papianou on Tuesday afternoon. Family members and other community members older than 16 can also receive the vaccine through this program.

Students and their parents or guardians can make direct appointments through Centennial Pharmacy. Appointments are available from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays. Further information and resources can be accessed in Kelly’s email. Centennial Pharmacy is located at 1020 N. Delaware Ave near Penn Treaty Park.

The school initially partnered with Centennial Pharmacy to vaccinate approximately 80 faculty and staff members during the 1B phase of the vaccine rollout in Pennsylvania. Once Pennsylvania announced that individuals ages 16 and older would be eligible for the vaccine on April 19th, Kelly contacted Centennial again for potential vaccine clinics. Twenty other local businesses and organizations will also take part in the clinic.

Students receiving the vaccine at the school-sponsored clinic must provide identification and an insurance card on the day of their vaccination.

The number of doses available at Centennial Pharmacy is unspecified, so Kelly says that vaccines “aren’t guaranteed for everyone.”

Second doses will be distributed from Monday, May 10th through Friday, May 21st.