Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Friends Select Student News Media

The Falcon

Welcome to The Falcon!

Dear Friends Select Community,

Welcome to a new school year, and with it, a new year of The Falcon. We hope to act as a valuable, exciting, and trustworthy news source for Friends Select and its community members.

This year, The Falcon is taking on several new endeavors, including regular podcasts, new columns, and innovations on both our website and our Instagram page. We aim to make The Falcon a more inclusive space for all creatives interested in journalism. We hope that you enjoy our content this year, both new and old.

There are so many ways to get involved with The Falcon this year – whether you are a writer, photographer, designer, filmmaker, podcaster, or illustrator, we can’t wait to work with you. If you’re interested in working with The Falcon but can’t make the Friday club block meetings, contact us.

The Falcon is a student publication, and while we strive for the utmost objectivity and thoroughness in our process, mistakes are inevitable.  Please contact the faculty advisor, Zoë Blatt, if you see any issues that need immediate correction.  

The Falcon publishes an array of student opinion articles throughout the year.  These opinions do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of The Falcon staff, Friends Select School, or the administration.  Any opinions expressed are of the individual student writer. 

We welcome responses to articles in the form of comments on the website, op-eds, or letters.  Please email all letters to one of us and indicate whether you would like them published on the site.  

Thank you,

Your 23-24 Editors-in-Chief

Patrick Ryan and Niamh Williams